The Isle Of Sheppey in north Kent is a superb sailing environment less than an hour from London, boasting some of the finest sailing waters in the UK.
The island's north shore has access to:
- Extensive sheltered waters
- Launching at all states of tide
- Sea, river & estuary sailing
- A Blue Flag beach
- Olympic courses in all wind directions
- Remarkably flat sea-state
- Excellent cruising potential
- Perfect for performance boats
IOS is just 30 minutes from the M25 and is easily accessible from London and the Kent countryside via the M2/M20 motorways / A249. Simply follow the road signs for "Sheerness".
IOS Round the Island Race
Probably the most unique event in the sailing calendar, the annual IOS Round the Island Race, held since 1959, attracts entries from far and wide.
The race is sailed in a clockwise direction around the Isle Of Sheppey. Two or three hundred craft regularly enter and compete for dozens of class trophies and sponsored prizes.