The IOS Crossing is just 30 minutes from the M25.
Sheerness couldn't be easier to get to and is:
- a half hour from Maidstone
- less than an hour from London & much of the South East
- under 90 minutes from central London
Simply follow the road signs for Sheerness / A249 from
the A2, M2, or M20.
By train: the nearest train station is Sheerness-on-Sea (SSS) just 1 mile from the club. For trains to and from London change at Sittingbourne (SIT).
Sat nav: the sailing club's post code is ME12 2BE.
Car parking: a large free car park (post code ME12 2BX) can be found opposite the Ship on Shore pub 3 mins walk (via seafront or pavement) to the east of the clubhouse.
Once on the island:
- Follow the A249 onto the island. After
crossing the bridge stay in the right hand lane signed "Leysdown/A2500", then continue across two roundabouts following the signs for Leysdown.
- At the traffic lights, turn left into Bartons Hill Drive, and drive straight
across the first roundabout.
- At the end of the road turn right onto the
B2008, then left at the roundabout into Minster Broadway.
- Follow the road round along the coast, IOS Sailing Club
is on the right hand side.
IOS Sailing Club
Kent ME12 2BE
Find on Google Maps
Find on Streetmap