Free Sailing Race Results Software
© James Bell 1995 - 2023
The Race Results System is a free and simple to use MS-DOS program for calculating the results of a dinghy sailing race using the
RYA Portsmouth Yardstick (PY) handicap scheme.
The program can be run on most versions of Windows including:
Windows 10/8 (via DOSBox), Windows 7 (via DOSBox/Virtual PC), Windows XP / Vista / 2000 / NT / ME / 98 / 95 / 3.1, IBM OS/2 or any system capable of running MS-DOS programs.
Windows 8: please download the DOSBox emulator first.
Windows 7: requires DOSBox or Microsoft's Virtual PC software.
Screenshot of the main menu
- Easy to use
- Minimal hardware requirements - will run on any PC, however old.
- Automatic PY handicap completion for most classes
- Countdown menu with 5 and 1 minute options
(with the actual start time being automatically recorded)
- Supports Average Lap Races
- 'Time Sheet' function helps with noting finishing times: pressing the space bar notes up to 10 lap or finishing times on screen for copying to a paper record.
- Ideal for up to 50 boats (but can handle up to 200 competitors)
- Lists the time difference between adjacent finishing positions on results
- Fast: a minimum of sail no., class and finishing time
are needed to produce results
- Results can be exported as HTML for the web, or as CSV for
use with other applications
- Supports the current RYA handicap system
- Supplied with the latest 2012 PY numbers for most classes
All race timing is now worked out from 'time of day' to minimise
errors. The software does not use an elapsed timer: instead this is calculated from the time each competitor finishes and the time the race started.
The program is designed to calculate the results for a single race.
For compiling series results Sailwave